This calming female friendly Aromatherapy Essential oil blend offers strength and support when hormones get the better of us. At InstantCalmer we create our own unique essential oil blends for use in a variety of relaxing massage treatments.
- 50mls Sweet Almond Oil (or any good carrier oil)
- 3 drops Geranium (Perlagonium graveolens)
- 2 drops Rose (Rosa demascena)
- 3 drops Palma Rosa (Cymbopagon martini)
- 2 drops Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
- 3 drops Neroli (Citrus aurantium)
- 3 drops Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)
- 5 drops Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
- As a Massage Blend
- As a Body Oil
- As a Bath Oil
Omit the carrier oil to make a blend for an oil burner or diffuser. Use around 10 drops at a time.
Preparation method – OIL BLENDS
- Measure out the carrier oil in a glass measuring jug
- Add the essential oils one drop at a time
- Stir with glass stirring rod
- Pour into dark glass bottle with secure lid
- Label with ingredients, date blended and any safety data required
Aromatherapy: Note and (relevant to blend) Therapeutic actions of ingredients
- Geranium – Mid. Antidepressant, Diuretic, Adrenal Cortex Stimulant,Tonic, Vulnerary
- Rose – Mid to Base. Antidepressant, Antispasmodic, Emmenagogue, Sedative, Tonic for the Uterus
- Palma Rosa – Top. Stimulant, Tonic
- Clary Sage – Top to Mid. Antidepressant, Antispasmodic, Emmenagogue, Nervine, Sedative, Tonic, Uterine.
- Neroli – Mid. Antidepressant, Antispasmodic, Stimulant, Tonic.
- Cypress – Mid to Base. Antispasmodic, Diuretic, Tonic
- Bergamot – Top. Analgesic, Antidepressant, Antispasmodic, Diuretic, Tonic, Sedative, Stimulant, Vulnerary.
Safety Data – Geranium – Avoid in first trimester of pregnancy, can be sensitising in hypersensitive individuals. Rose – Avoid in pregnancy. Palma Rosa – No issues. Clary Sage – Avoid in pregnancy, don’t use when drinking alcohol. Neroli – No issues. Cypress – Avoid in first and second trimesters of pregnancy. Bergamot – Phototoxic (unless Bergaptene Free or FCF) and could be slight irritant.