The immune system stimulating Lemon and the antibacterial / antiviral action of all the ingredients make this blend an aromatherapy force to be reckoned with! Beat winter at its own game by booking an indulgent Hot Stone Massage at InstantCalmer in Hull.
- 50mls Sweet Almond Oil (or any good carrier oil)
- 8 drops Palma Rosa (Cymbopagon martini)
- 8 drops Lemon (Citrus limon)
- 5 drops Thyme (Thymus vugaris)
- 5 drops Elemi (Canarium luzonicum)
- 4 drops Myrtle (Myrtus communis)
Perfect to help you through winter colds and sniffles.
- Aromatherapy Massage Blend
- Chest rub before bed
- Bath oil
Omit the carrier oil to make a blend for an oil burner or diffuser. Use around 10 drops at a time.
- Measure out the carrier oil in a glass measuring jug
- Add the essential oils one drop at a time
- Stir with glass stirring rod
- Pour into dark glass bottle with secure lid
- Label with ingredients, date blended and any safety data required
Aromatherapy: Note, Intensity and Therapeutic actions of ingredients (relevant to blend)
- Palma Rosa – Top (5) Antiseptic, Antiviral, Bactericide, Febrifuge, Hydrating, Tonic.
- Lemon – Top (5) Antimicrobial, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Bactericide, Diaphoretic, Febrifuge, Tonic, Stimulates white corpuscles.
- Thyme – Top (7) Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Bactericide, Bechic, Expectorant, Tonic.
- Elemi – Base (7) Analgesic, Antiseptic, Antiviral, Expectorant, Tonic.
- Myrtle – Mid (6) Anticatarrhal, Antiseptic, Bactericide, Expectorant.
Safety Data – Palma Rosa – none. Lemon – possible sensitizer, phototoxic. Thyme – Possible sensitizer especially to mucous membranes, avoid when pregnant, have diabetes, kidney or liver problems, high blood pressure. If you’re not sure please consult an Aromatherapist.