This beautiful blend will banish those feelings of stress we all get in the lead up to Christmas. The ancient oils of frankincense and myrrh not only give the blend that extra special festive feel they both have the power to calm and relax even the most frazzled of us. Don’t forget, if you’re lucky enough to live in Hull or the East Riding you can purchase InstantCalmer massage vouchers, the perfect stocking filler!
- 10mls Pure Coconut oil
- 1 drop Myrrh
- 2 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops Lemongrass
- 1 drop May Chang
- Dab onto pulse points when the stress levels rise!
Increase the amounts by five times, use sweet almond or grape seed oil instead of coconut oil and use as a massage or bath oil.
- Measure out the carrier oil in a glass measuring jug
- Add the essential oils one drop at a time
- Stir with glass stirring rod
- Pour into dark glass rollette bottle with a roller top and secure lid
- Label with ingredients, date blended and any safety data required
Aromatherapy: Note, Intensity and (relevant to blend) Therapeutic actions of ingredients
- Myrrh – Base (7) Sedative. Instils tranquillity and a sense of peace.
- Frankincense – Mid to Base (7) Sedative, perfect for alleviating stress and anxiety.
- Lemongrass – Top (6) Antidepressant, Nervine, sedative. Uplifting and promotes clarity.
- May Chang – Top (6) Antidepressant, stimulant
Safety Data – Myrrh – Avoid if pregnant. Frankincense – None. Lemongrass – a possible irritant and sensitizer for some. May Chang – possibly sensitizing in those with very sensitive skin.